IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities Certificate
Course Description & Qualifications
The IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities course takes place over five days and combines practical case study exercises with trainer presentations and group review sessions. As with all Cambio courses there is a strong emphasis on activity based learning through exercises that encourage team working and innovation.
The course is divided into three modules :
- Environmental sustainability - developing an understanding of the issues, pressures and opportunities associated with environmental management in an organisation
- Legal issues - providing an overview of current UK environmental legislation and its implications for business and/or the public sector
- Managing environmental performance including :
- The methods and principles behind the identification of an organisation`s significant environmental aspects
- Environmental management systems - ISO14001 and EMAS
- An overview of the control and improvement techniques used to manage waste, energy and pollution prevention within an organisation
Successful completion of the group exercises and a short end of course exam leads to the award of the IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities Certificate.
Who should attend?
The IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities course is aimed at people involved in company environmental improvement programmes and/or environmental management systems. The course is designed to be useful to delegates who have recently become involved in environmental management or for whom environmental management is an integral part of a wide range of responsibilities.
Delivery format and costs
This environmental training course is delivered regularly at a number of UK venues. Delegate fees are £750+VAT which includes all course costs and IOSH certificate fees but excludes accommodation.
This course is run alongside the IEMA Foundation Certificate and for delegates wishing to receive certificates from both IEMA and IOSH the course fee is £825+VAT.
Delegates who have completed this course can elect to join the second week of the IEMA Associate Certificate and/or the NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management.